LC4 Villa Church
This model of the LC4 was first created in 1928 for the Villa Church in Ville‑d’Avray. The distinctive features of this version are the tear-shaped cross-section, the blue color of the tube frame, the basalt color of the four support elements and the light grey spotted horsehide mattress. For more, see the LC4 Chaise Lounge and LC4 Noire Chaise Lounge.
Cassina Living 2019
Cassina Dining 2019
Le Corbusier, Perriand, Jeanneret
In 1922, Le Corbusier began working in the new rue de Sèvres, Paris, atelier with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret with whom he shared research projects and design criteria in a profound and life-long professional relationship. In October 1927, the pair decided to draw on the contribution of a young architect who had already begun to establish a reputation on the architectural scene of the time: Charlotte Perriand. Their collaboration lasted through to 1937 and was extremely fruitful, especially in the field of furniture design. The partnership was highly significant, both in terms of the cultural weight of their achievements and their professional successes. It was together with Charlotte Perriand that the pair tackled the innovative project for “l’équipement d'intérieur de l’habitation”.