The LC7 chair designed by Charlotte Perriand for Cassina was originally designed as a dining chair for the Villa Church in 1928. It features a tubular steel frame with a base consisting of four legs that meet underneath the seat at its pivot point – its lunette-shaped back features central support and gently curved arms in tubular steel. The tubular steel back supports an integrated tube-shaped padded upholstered bolster that follows the back’s curve. For quick-ship options, please see the spec sheet to the left or call 800.886.0867 for details
Le Corbusier, Perriand, Jeanneret
In 1922, Le Corbusier began working in the new rue de Sèvres, Paris, atelier with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret with whom he shared research projects and design criteria in a profound and life-long professional relationship. In October 1927, the pair decided to draw on the contribution of a young architect who had already begun to establish a reputation on the architectural scene of the time: Charlotte Perriand. Their collaboration lasted through to 1937 and was extremely fruitful, especially in the field of furniture design. The partnership was highly significant, both in terms of the cultural weight of their achievements and their professional successes. It was together with Charlotte Perriand that the pair tackled the innovative project for “l’équipement d'intérieur de l’habitation”.