The LC8 stool was developed as a backless chair variant of the LC7 chair (Siège tournant, fauteuil) – the latter originally designed as a dining chair for the Villa Church in 1928 and subsequently exhibited at the designers’ collaborative installation at the 1929 Salon d’Automne in Paris. Production began in 1978 through Cassina. It features a tubular steel frame consisting of four legs that meet underneath the seat at its pivot point. The LC8 stool frame is available in a number of enamel finishes as well as chromed steel. Its seat cushion is padded with CFC-free polyurethane foam and polyester wadding and is available in a number of textile and leather upholstery options.
Le Corbusier, Perriand, Jeanneret
In 1922, Le Corbusier began working in the new rue de Sèvres, Paris, atelier with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret with whom he shared research projects and design criteria in a profound and life-long professional relationship. In October 1927, the pair decided to draw on the contribution of a young architect who had already begun to establish a reputation on the architectural scene of the time: Charlotte Perriand. Their collaboration lasted through to 1937 and was extremely fruitful, especially in the field of furniture design. The partnership was highly significant, both in terms of the cultural weight of their achievements and their professional successes. It was together with Charlotte Perriand that the pair tackled the innovative project for “l’équipement d'intérieur de l’habitation”.