Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand and Pierre Jeanneret exhibited the first version of the LC10 at the 1929 Salon d’Automne in Paris, as part of the “Equipement Intérieur d’une Habitation” setting. The design, which was originally presented as a writing-desk, was revisited by Perriand in 1984 and relaunched Cassina one year later, with new variants appropriate to contemporary needs. It’s clean-cut frame highlights the highly original approach to the chrome finish of the tubular steel legs and how the colors are applied on the laminated trim. The collection includes a dining table and low tables, both in square and rectangular formats. The colored trim is supplied in a variety of shades from the Corbusier palette. Outdoor versions are also available exclusively for the low tables (47 – 1/4“X 31 – 1/2″ and 27 – 1/2″ x 27 – 1/2″). A stainless steel structure finished with powder paints designed for outdoor use and available in five textured colors.
Le Corbusier, Perriand, Jeanneret
In 1922, Le Corbusier began working in the new rue de Sèvres, Paris, atelier with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret with whom he shared research projects and design criteria in a profound and life-long professional relationship. In October 1927, the pair decided to draw on the contribution of a young architect who had already begun to establish a reputation on the architectural scene of the time: Charlotte Perriand. Their collaboration lasted through to 1937 and was extremely fruitful, especially in the field of furniture design. The partnership was highly significant, both in terms of the cultural weight of their achievements and their professional successes. It was together with Charlotte Perriand that the pair tackled the innovative project for “l’équipement d'intérieur de l’habitation”.