The LC6 table was originally designed as a dining table for the Villa Church in 1928 and paired with the LC7 swivel chairs. The LC6 table was first exhibited by the designers at the 1929 Salon d’Automne; production through Cassina began in 1974. It features a base comprised of two rectilinear sides with a central horizontal brace that spans the length of the base. The base composition is in broad, elliptical-shaped tubular steel that is expertly mitered at the angles to create the illusion of a seamless form. To ensure the base is enjoyed from a number of vistas, it is paired with a rectilinear glass top that is joined to the base by four steel threaded shanks that separate the glass from the base – creating the illusion that the tabletop is floating above the base. The shanks are adjustable and permit the user to establish the distance between the glass top and the base to a maximum of 1.8”. The LC6 table is perfect as a dining table or large desk/work surface; similarly an excellent choice as a small conference table.
The LC6 steel base frame is available in several enamel finishes – black, light blue, grey, green, mud, and ivory or black. The top is available in crystal or textured glass along with natural ash, walnut, or black-stained ash wood options. The LC6 table is also available with a black base with a choice of black Marquina or white Carrara marble top as well as an ivory base with a white Carrara marble top. The black enamel frame version with clear glass as well as the ivory enamel base with white Carrara marble top are available as part of our Quick Ship program.
Le Corbusier, Perriand, Jeanneret
In 1922, Le Corbusier began working in the new rue de Sèvres, Paris, atelier with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret with whom he shared research projects and design criteria in a profound and life-long professional relationship. In October 1927, the pair decided to draw on the contribution of a young architect who had already begun to establish a reputation on the architectural scene of the time: Charlotte Perriand. Their collaboration lasted through to 1937 and was extremely fruitful, especially in the field of furniture design. The partnership was highly significant, both in terms of the cultural weight of their achievements and their professional successes. It was together with Charlotte Perriand that the pair tackled the innovative project for “l’équipement d'intérieur de l’habitation”.